Our team possesses specialist knowledge in sustainable supply chains, extractives, minerals science & engineering, biodiversity and conservation, human rights and vulnerable groups, responsible business conduct and good governance. These areas of expertise are underpinned by years of experience in the field, extensive networks, and numerous publications and initiatives under their belts.
The sensitive contexts in which we operate benefit from the creation, sharing and usage of knowledge to ensure actors from different industries and disciplines are able to engage in meaningful ways.
We are engaged in a number of public interest projects that further public understanding of issues related to ASM. By utilising our network of key actors in conservation, integrity, data management and commerce, we develop innovative approaches to managing and sharing knowledge with peers and actors in the public, private and third sectors.
We are always open to suggestions for ways in which we can deepen sectoral and public knowledge of issues related to ASM. If you have a project in mind, get in touch.
Our projects in Knowledge Management include:
- The GIFF Project An initiative to raise awareness and understanding of illicit financial flows and criminal networks in gold supply chains. Developed in collaboration with The Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime. Includes a methodological toolkit and case studies.
- ASM-PACE An initiative to raise awareness of and address the impacts of ASM in protected areas and critical ecosystems. Developed in collaboration with the World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF). Includes a methodological toolkit and case studies.
- BEST-ASM Knowledge Hub. BEST-ASM takes a practical and progressive, three-tiered approach to achieving positive environmental outcomes across all mineral sectors.
- artisanalmining.org Levin Sources is an expert contributor to the knowledge hub, sharing data, information and publications.
- Sustainable Artisanal Mining Project - ASM Knowledge Hub Levin Sources helped design the hub, including facilitating international consultations, and also contributed data and information.